This is our evangelism effort to spread the good news to the nations. Invite Friends, Relatives, Associates and Neighbors.
There’s no doubt that the effects of COVID-19 have forced us to find alternative ways to connect, minister and care for the people in our church. We are forced to worship, communicate and give in a different mode, this being church online.
Now, to some of you online features are commonplace, but for many of you online activity has been the choice less taken.
COVD-19 has given us no other choice but to learn quickly.
We are all in new territory finding new ways to connect with all of our members, along with the entire city of Houston. This new online worship has also opened up the entire world to spread the gospel at the tips of our fingers. This new way of communicating is assisting us in fulfilling the Great Commission by God – to go ye into all of the world and make disciples. We are reaching more people than ever.
We love each other, but we must now be concerned with loving our neighbors as ourselves and increasing the Kingdom. We are shut in so we can prepare ourselves to SHIFT to doing church a new way with a new focus. God wants us to focus on Him, Our families, and His Mission for each of us.
We must start in our homes, teach it to our children and then to the outer most parts of the world. Our goal is to reach 5,000 homes. We can’t do it all by ourselves, but together we can get this done quickly. We have the time, we just need to put the Kingdom first. Here are some ways you can do your part.
Remember – WE ARE BETTER TOGETHER!
Here are the ways we want you to do Online FRAN-gelism. You must intentionally attend online events.
1. Sermon – 10 am Sunday
2. Tea Talk Klub – 1 pm. Sunday
3. Bible Study – 7 pm. Wednesday
4. One 22 – Teens ____________
Next you will invite your Friends, Relatives, Associates and Neighbors to attend our church services.
You will do this with your fingers not your feet. Using your cell phones, iPads, and computers you will use technology to “go make disciples all over this world” as the Bible has commanded us all to do.
FRAN-gelize ALL OF OUR CHURCH ACTIVITIES BY GOING ON LINE &
1. Liking everything we put online
2. Commenting OR asking questions on each of them multiple times.
3. Sharing it several times to EVERYONE you know throughout the week as many times as you can to as many people you can.
4. Personally host a watch party EVERY Sunday and interact with your invited guest during the broadcast.
5. Invite others Family, Relatives and Associates, neighbors to join your watch party.
WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER!
· If each OF US will commit to reaching our goal of 5,000 for Easter, we can do this.
· Personally set a goal of a minimum of 5 or more shares and 5 invites DAILY to view our Sunday EASTER ONLINE Worship, Tea Talk Time, Bible Study, etc., we can do this.
· If we do this, we will reach our goal quickly; all to the glory of our CHRIST.
WE ARE BETTER TOGETHER,
PASTOR O AND LADY O
***Note: Online sources include our website myfirstmet.com (livestream), YouTube, FaceBook/FaceBook Live (make sure to check in and follow us).
This Sunday is a day of commitment. I’m asking each member to make a commitment to serve in ministry in 2020 and to make a commitment to God-pleasing stewardship.
Our Stewardship Team will present to you The Malachi Challenge. It asks each member to be generous through tithes (10%) and offerings. And, if an individual or family is in a financial circumstance where it is believed the tithe is too challenging, it asks that you pledge an amount above the national average and strive toward the tithe.
Here’s how it will work:
1. Every member should seek God through prayer about their financial
commitment in 2020.
2. Each member will be given a Malachi Challenge pledge card this
Sunday. (A sample is provided below.)
3. Members will be asked to complete the card and place it in the
special envelope and bring it to the altar near the end of the service.
4. I will pray over each individual and family with oil.