Month: May 2019
May 24, 2019
Greetings First Met Family!
This is probably the most challenging letter I have ever written to you.
Three years ago, we embarked on a vision to build a dedicated building for worshipping our God—a new sanctuary. It will be a facility that glorifies God where: worship takes place without basketball goals; members meet and fellowship in a grand foyer with a coffee bar and bookstore; parents place their babies and toddlers in a safe loving environment; and much more. It will also be a place that benefits our community.
After 152 weeks we are so close, but not there yet. We have secured a contractor. We have a new design that you’ll love. We have two financial institutions ready to finance us. And you have contributed over $1.1 million (THANK YOU!), but there is still have a gap of $400,000 from our goal.
I’m writing you to tell you: We need you to reach our goal. I call on the faith and hope in you to produce a spirit of sacrifice for this worthy cause. It’s not equal giving but equal sacrifice.” (1 Chronicles 21:24) Some have completed their pledges. Many are very close to completion. And even if you’re not close or have not pledged, we still need you to reach our goal. We can reach our goal if everyone sacrifices!
Here’s vital info to help you prepare for your sacrifice:
- The theme for June will be “Preparation for Abundance.” Each Sunday I’ll have a word that will lead you to abundance.
- Each Wednesday at 7:30 pm, we will have dynamic quest speakers to give practical, spiritual insights on how to live abundantly. They will be: Pastor Anissa Perkins who wrote the book: Money Needs Me; Wallace Williams, CPA (Budgeting and Tax Tips), Shawn Dorrough of The Wealth Shift Project & Guide Stone, and Keith Davis author of Maximizing Your Own Treasure Chest. Each Wednesday, we’ll close praying for Abundance from God. All Community Life Groups are expected to attend.
- The 4th Sunday June 23rd is our Day of Extravagant Giving. Every member is expected to give extravagantly on this day over and above tithes and offerings. Also, gifts will be provided for those who have or will complete their pledge on that day.
- You don’t have to wait to give. Each Sunday you’ll have the opportunity to give through Donate Way. It will record each name and keep a running tally. It’s going to be exciting!
- We’ll talk vision and have testimonies!!!
We can do this First Met! We must do this for God! Join Lady O and I in seeing the vision unfold.
Your Spiritual Father,
Dr. John D. Ogletree, Jr.